Friday, April 19, 2013

What would you do if you were the main character in the story?...

If I were Miles, I would like to start off with changing quite a few things that he had done once he arrived at brooding school. The fact that he had never even thought about lighting a cigarette but just because he wanted to fit in he thought it would be cool to start just because his roommate does is just silly. Then he aloud his roommate to bestow him with the name “Pudge”, and why? “Because [he’s] skinny”. I don’t understand how ironic names are the way to go, but oh well. But I got to say the thing that really grinds my gears is the fact that those boys who took him “swimming” really could have killed him. And what did he do? NOTHING! He sat there and let his roommate take matters into his own hands instead of telling someone how could have done something about it, just because they wouldn’t want to be labeled as a rat. Well I’ll tell you  what, if someone tried to end my life, even if it was some sort of sick joke, I wouldn’t just sit there wile those boys walked around the school thinking there top kahunas and nearly getting away with attempted murder, just because Miles’ roommate was being accused of getting two kids kicked out of school. I would have said something to someone just so ridiculous traditions like that wouldn’t get blown out of proportion as they had ever again. And going back to one thing, smoking, also to impress some girl, really? If you want someone to like you, be you, not someone you think they want you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment